How to Make Money As A Small Blogger (Less than 3k Followers!)
Updated: Aug 9
So, you don’t have a huge following - but you still want to make a business out of something you love? Girl, I got you! Everything on this list can be done, no matter how many followers you have. Let’s get into it!
1. Become a brand ambassador. This is probably the easiest way to make money! When you’re a brand ambassador, you’re most likely going to promote their products on your social media (or personally sell through DM’s, friends/family, etc) for a commission on the products.
For example, I’m a brand ambassador for Plexus, a health and wellness company. I can promote the product however I’d like, but whatever sales I make for the company, I make a commission off of. Additionally, with my company, if you bring other ambassadors onto your team, you make a commission off of that as well! If you have an interest in joining my team, check out this page! ;)
2. Join Amazon Associates. With Amazon associates, you’ll share links of your favorite products to your followers. Those links will be customized for you, and you will make a commission off of every sale that you make.
So, let’s say I made a blog post promoting my 10 essentials for college. As long as those products can be found on Amazon, I’ll add my customized links in the post, and then whoever reads my blog can click on the link and make a purchase. Once they make a purchase, I make a commission.
3. Create a product! Think about your niche. What could you create that would help others? I’ll give a few examples:
Lifestyle: A printable version of personal development journal topics.
College: A guide to college with a mix of different things like a dorm checklist, printable planners, tips for organizations, etc.
Beauty: A class where you teach people how to do different makeup looks.
Photography: Sell presets! Or maybe create a guide for beginner photographers.
Fitness: A customizable workout plan that can be done at home.
4. Sell a service! What are you good at? Here are a few ideas..
Offer to manage social media platforms for businesses in your niche.
Offer photography classes.
Offer at home gym classes.
Offer life coach services.
Offer beauty consultations.
5. Reach out to brands for collaborations. I’ll be honest, you won’t always get a response, let alone a good response. But, it’s always worth a try! I suggest starting with small or local brands. You also need to make sure that you stand out in the crowd. Why should they pick you out of the thousands of people contacting them? There are plenty of templates online for reaching out to brands, so check those out before you send your message!
6. Leave your contact information in your social media bios - brands will sometimes reach out to you! They may gift you a product for a promotion, allow you to make commission, or even sponsor the post!
But hear me out: Making money shouldn’t be the main reason you’re blogging. I promise, from personal experience, money making doesn’t come easily or quickly.. So make sure you’re in it for the right reasons. You also need to make sure that you’re only promoting products that you genuinely believe in and use! You want to build a trusting relationship with your followers, and if people can’t trust you, they’ll unfollow you!
I also advise you to treat building your following like a full time job.. at least until you hit a couple thousand followers. It’s definitely possible to make money before that, but in all honesty, it’s not super easy. Patience is key, friends!!
That’s all I’m gonna share for this post, but shoot me a DM on Instagram @carmenreynolds and let me know if you try any of these methods out!